Monday, January 14, 2013

All the Bulls (a lullaby -- Dina and Dolores)

All the Bulls (a lullaby)
Words & Music by Patresa Hartman (January 2013)

This is another case where the song came first and then inspired the chapter. Although, I don't feel like I got the chapter [14] right. I'll try again in rewrites.


All the Bulls
LYRICS

All the bulls in Spain have bullied through your stained glass door.
Left your finest china in pieces on the kitchen floor.

I can't save you, but I can illuminate.

All the mustangs in the wild west have pounded hooves across your chest.
Left your hope, your faith, without a single life-giving breath.

I can't save you, but I can illuminate.
I'll be a comet blazing across the sky.
Across the dark night sky.

One million moths tap SOS on your window pane.
You fear the flutter will summon a hurricane.
Hush dear. Don't cry. I've brought this magic lullaby.
By morning, I'll turn each moth into a butterfly.

They will save you, and illuminate.
Colored wings will bring the morning sky.
A bold new sky.

Look now, the bulls are sleeping at your stained glass door.

No comments:

Post a Comment